New England Outdoor Center is headquartered at Twin Pine Cabins and River Driver’s Restaurant in Baxter State Park, eight miles from Millinocket, Maine. The outfitter aims to inspire visitors to explore the outdoors year-round and encourages the responsible shared use of the Maine Woods and the Penobscot River. Their specialty is guiding Maine whitewater rafting trips down the Penobscot River on single and multi-day adventures. They guide other summer activities like hiking, bird watching, photography, camping, kayaking, and canoeing. During winters, the outfitter guides snowmobile tours, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, and ice fishing.
- Raft Class I to V rapids on a guided 14-mile whitewater rafting trip on the Penobscot River
- Hike two-and-one-half miles to the Ice Caves of the Debsconeag Wilderness Area and explore the caves on a guided hike
- Watch for three-toed woodpeckers, Bicknell’s thrush, blue-winged teal, and other species native to Maine on guided tours of Hirundo Wildlife Refuge or Sunkhaze Meadows
- Photograph New England wildlife on an all-inclusive, four-day Maine Woods Photography Workshop with professional wildlife photographers
- Ride the trails of the Katahdin/Millinocket region on guided custom snowmobile tours of six to eight hours for one to six riders
Read More about New England Outdoor Center