SouthEast Adventure Outfitters offers a number of 2-to-4 hour kayak trips as well as day trips on the Altamaha and Satilla rivers and the beaches of Little Saint Simons. There also are a number of multi-day kayak trips. Kayak Cumberland Island, kayak Sapelo Island, kayak Blackbeard, and kayak the Altamaha River on multi-day trips. These trips include guides, kayaks and equipment, meals, permits, transportation where applicable, and camping gear. Georgia has over 100 miles of coastline that includes around one-third of all the marshes on the eastern seaboard. It has 16 barrier islands, only three of which are developed. It has somewhere around 2,000 miles of tidal shoreline and river lowlands ideal for exploring by sea kayak.
Kayaking Tours on the Georgia Coast
Tours last between 2 and 4 hours. Kayak the “Marshes of Glynn.” Explore remote beaches for birding and shelling. Paddle a network of tidal marsh creeks. Cross St. Simons Sound to Jekyll Island and see the “boneyard” beach on Jekyll’s north end. Float into Cathead Creek, a tributary of the Altamaha River near Darien. See canals remaining from Georgia coastal rice plantations. Paddle through cypress swamps. See Gould’s Inlet.
Kayaking Day Trips to Georgia Rivers and Beaches
- Altamaha River Day Trip. Paddle five to seven hours in this remote wild area that the Nature Conservancy calls one of the 75 last great places in the world. The Altamaha is Georgia’s largest river and sends more water into the Atlantic than any other river in the Southeast.
- Satilla River Day Trip. Paddle one of Georgia’s most pristine “blackwater” rivers. Stop on white sand beaches. See cypress trees and wildlife.
- Beaches of Little Saint Simons Island Day Trip. Look for shells, see birds and have lunch on the wide sand beach of Little Saint Simons Island.
Kayak Cumberland Island and More on Multi-Day Trips
Guided multi-may trips include all camping gear and equipment, meals, permits, and shuttle transportation where required. Multi-day trips include:
- Kayak Sapelo Island (2-5 days)
- Kayak Blackbeard Island (2-5 days)
- Kayak the Altamaha River (2-5 days)
- Kayak the Satilla River (2-5 days)
- Kayak Queens Island (overnight)
- Kayak Cumberland Island (3 days)
Stand Up Paddling around St. Simons and Jekyll Islands
Learn stand up paddling. Tour St. Simons Island and Jekyll Island via paddleboard. Paddle board rentals are available.
Kayak Fishing Charters in Georgia Marshes and Tidal Creeks
4-hour kayak fishing charter. The outfitter supplies the guide, kayak, tackle. No experience for this quiet, simple way to fish. Fish year round in marshes, tidal creeks and flats.
Kayak Rentals on St. Simons and in Brunswick
Kayak rentals, including boats specially equipped for fishing, are available. The outfitter can provide shuttle services.
Read more about SouthEast Adventure Outfitters