Colorado Wilderness Rides and Guides is based in Colorado with offices in Boulder, Denver, and Estes Park. It provides a large menu of outdoor services throughout Colorado’s Rocky Mountains including Rocky Mountain National Park hiking, mountain biking, backpacking, fly fishing, whitewater rafting, snowshoeing, and other activities. Activities and trips may range in length from 2 hours to eight days.
Rocky Mountain National Park Hiking and Peak Ascents
The outfitter has a variety of hiking routes for hiking Rocky Mountain National Park as well as around Boulder, Denver and Estes Park. Hike Colorado’s Front Range Mountains.
- “EPIC TRIPS” include hiking, backpacking, and peak ascents. Hike above the tree line. Hike Rocky Mountain National Park and Roosevelt National Forest. Hike long distances with extreme gains in elevation.
- “SUPERHUMAN DAYS” Test your physical limits. Begin before dawn. Hike routes that cover large distances and gain significant elevation. Ascend multiple peaks.
The outfitter will custom design Rocky Mountain National Park Hiking and hiking experiences in other areas of Colorado to accommodate a group’s specific interest in geology, wildlife viewing or collecting a bucket list of dramatic vistas.
Backpacking in the Rocky Mountains
- ROCKY MOUNTAIN NATIONAL PARK HIKING AND CONTINENTAL DIVIDE TRAIL TRAVERSE (2 days and 1 night or 3 days and 2 nights). Cross the Continental Divide east to west or west to east. Opportunities to see moose and elk. Hike six-to-eight miles a day and gain or lose 2,500 feet in elevation. The possible summit of Hallett Peak. This trip can be extended to six days and five nights.
- ROCKY MOUNTAIN NATIONAL PARK HIKING AND SECLUDED SOUTHERN TRAVERSE. Hike in remote areas of the park. Cross the Continental Divide via Boulder-Grand Pass in a little-visited area of the park. Hike between six and eight miles per day. Gain or lose 2,500 feet in elevation depending on the exact route and the campsites selected. The possibility of climbing Hallet Peak.
- ROCKY MOUNTAIN NATIONAL PARK HIKING WILD SIDE WITH MOUNT ALICE PEAK ASCENT. Hike six-to-eight miles a day. Gain or lose 2,500 feet in elevation depending on the exact routes and campsites chosen. Peak ascent of Mount Alice. The potential summit of Hallet Peak.
Bike Tours Leave from Colorado Urban Areas
- ROAD BIKING Explore Colorado back roads with experienced bike tour guides. Bike Boulder Creek Path, Denver, Colorado Springs, Downtown Denver to Red Rocks Cruise, Estes Park, and other Colorado Road Bike Routes. Pedal multi-day routes. Design a Colorado road bike trip that meets the particular interests of your group.
- MOUNTAIN BIKING Pick a trail that meets your particular level of mountain biking experience. Tours are accompanied by an experienced guide. Mountain bike trips leave from Boulder, Estes Park, Denver, Colorado Springs, Grand Lake, Golden, Winter Park, Grand Junction and Moab, Utah.
Fly Fish the Streams of Colorado’s Front Range
Fish on four or eight-hour trips. Both short and long trips are geared to the fisherman’s level of experience and knowledge of local waters. Multi-day trips broaden the opportunities to fish for the Greenback Cutthroat trout and other species in the streams of the Colorado Front Range. All gear is furnished on these fly fishing trips.
Ride Horses Near Denver, Boulder, and Estes Park
Horseback riding venues are located close to Denver, Boulder, and Estes Park.
Whitewater Clear Creek on Class II to IV-V Rapids
Experience whitewater rafting close to Denver and Boulder. Float Clear Creek on a novice, intermediate or advanced course. Run rapids with names like Castle Falls, Mountain Lion, and Mr. Twister. Rapids range from Class II to IV-V in difficulty. Trips last from 4 hours to a full day depending on the difficulty of the course.
Rock Climb in Eldorado Canyon
Rock climb with guides certified through the American Mountain Guides Associations (AMGA) on beginning, intermediate, and advanced instructional courses. Climb in Boulder Canyon, Eldorado Canyon, Flatirons, Strauton State Park, Golden Gate Canyon State Park, Roosevelt National Forest, Golden, Clear Creek Canyon, Lumpy Ridge and Rocky Mountain National Park.
Backcountry Ski Across the Continental Divide
Backcountry ski in areas that have fewer skiers less ski traffic. Ski tours are tailored to skiers of varying ability from novice alpine skier to veteran. Backcountry ski tours include
- SKI TOURS BELOW THE CONTINENTAL DIVIDE Ski from 2 to 8 hours in Rocky Mountain National Park depending on the trip.
- SKI TOURS ACROSS THE CONTINENTAL DIVIDE
- COULOIRS AND FRONT RANGE DESCENTS
- MULTI-DAY CUSTOM SKI TRIPS
- CUSTOM SNOWCAT, SNOWMOBILE, AND HELI-SKI TRIPS
Snowshoe Around Denver, Boulder, and Estes Park
Chose a snowshoe route based on your experience and physical conditioning. Tours are led by experienced guides. Snowshoe around Denver, Boulder, and Estes Park. Snowshoe in Rocky Mountain National Park and Roosevelt National Forest.
Read more about Colorado Wilderness Rides and Guides